St. Polycarp School, Online Catholic Academy is a virtual classroom experience Monday-Friday from 8:20am-12:00pm with direct instruction, by a credentialed teacher, in Religion, English Language Arts and Math with Social Studies and Science on alternating days or incorporated in a cross curricular manner. The afternoon hours from 1:00pm-3:00pm is spent on independent studies, homework, participating in Electives or checking in with a teacher for extra help.
Our Electives include programs for the Arts, Religion, Sciences, Physical Education, Cooking, Coding, Student Council, etc.. A full Elective brochure is coming soon.
Our curriculum is rigorous, data driven and high school preparatory. The teachers identify the objectives and skills necessary for standards based mastery, create a map to ensure all standards skills and objectives are met throughout the year and plan standards based lessons supported by the following:
- ELA – McGraw-Hill “Wonders” K-4
- Supported by adaptive online programs: iReady Reading and Freckle
- ELA- McGraw-Hill, book studies 5-8
- Supported by adaptive online programs: iReady Reading, Freckle and Achieve3000, NewsLA
- Math- Zearn Math, an online curriculum K-5
- Supported by adaptive online program: iReady Math and Freckle
- Math – Pearson “Envisions”, a student interactive digital program, grades 6-8
- Supported by adaptive online programs: iReady Math, Freckle and Khan
- Science – Discovery Education, a student interactive digital program, grades K-8
- Social Studies- Scott Foresman, Our Nation
- Religion- Sadlier
- Writing-6+1 writing traits K-8
Student data collected through the adaptive online support programs, the Renaissance STAR test, formative and summative assessments and teacher observation helps guide the curriculum through the school year.
In addition, our Academy includes a faith filled environment with daily prayer, weekly virtual Mass, and an emphasis on our Core Values: Commitment, Responsibility, Integrity and Service.